Monday 13 August 2012

OTM VLEX weathering

Hi Guy's

This is just a case of posting up some shots of works in progress. Been weathering 3 OTM's VLEX models and just took some photographs to see how they look. At this stage I think they are a little too dark. I could of faded the paint work a little more I think? Anyway here is the shots.



The two featured here were originally painted in VR. I replaced the doors on one and repainted the roof on the other giving them the Vline Livery. The only down full is the Vline decal work. Like soldering, decalling is just something I am not good at. 

The other is still VR but I still need to do the brush work on it. I look forward to getting some more of these in the next run. With the standard of all this new RTR coming out I am going to be rid of my Trainorama VLCX models as they are just not up to the standard of these OTM VLEX models. I am going to kit bash one of these into a VLCX for now with the hope that someone releases a better VLCX model that will be able to run with these 56 foot Vans.

Cheers Justin Moy

1 comment:

  1. Decals upset me too Justin. I need to take some time one day and learn how to do it better.

    ReplyDelete