Monday 13 August 2012

WSC Sleeper Wagons

Hi Guy's

Been going through some photo's and trying to make up some more wagon data packs. I have been working on a pack for the WSC sleeper wagon. I have two models of these, I think the company was Train Master and they were made in India. I have had them for a few years now.

Most the detail on them was pretty good, but I did replace the Bogies and shunters steps. They make a great weathering project so I thought to post a couple of shots here on my Blog to hopefully get some of you inspired? I weathered this one not long after they come out. I thought I did a pretty good job at the time but they could use some more I think!



Here is some scans taken at Taree about 11 years ago. I think the wagons were headed for the Northern Rivers Railroad bought for their bogies to go under some of their re-gauged QR Coal hoppers.




Looking at these shots I think I should go a lot darker with the rust marks. Anyway I look at many of my weathering jobs with the question what else needs to be done?

Cheers Justin Moy






No comments:

Post a Comment