Monday 16 January 2012

NVMF

Hi Guy's

Haven't got much to report ATM. Having the Kid's on School Holidays slows the Modelling down a little. I have been preparing some stuff for the Paint Shops.

One I have been working on is a Trainorama NVMF Brakevan. I have 2 of them here and although they are not in my era, I don't mind a Brakevan or 5. I am going to DCC a loco, most likely a 49 class or a 44 class so I can go in and run on the Clubs Large DCC Layout. For operation purposes I will run an early 80's era so I can run brakevans.

This NVMF featured in the following photographs has had a little bit of work in readiness for weathering. I have replaced 2 windows that for some reason Trainorama provided with frosting. I haven't seen any photo's of a Van like this so the windows had to go. I am not 100% happy with the job I did on theses but these photo's show the model much larger than it is. I have painted the buff line at the roof line as most photo's I have show this painted. I have also added a number of patches on the roof  as seen on many vans near the end of their working lives. Normally I would replace the Bogies with ones from the AR Kits range but I don't mind the extra detail on these ones and they look real good with P88 SEM wheels added.

Here is some shots

Here is an overall shot 
Some of the patches can be seen here
A close up of the windows and also the difference the P88 Wheels have made.

The other van in this shot will have a different style of marker lights fitted to add a bit of Variety.

A couple of other models about to be weathered up. 

 This Trainorama 4914 will most likely have DCC with sound fitted.

I have a 4 pack of these Auscision RCSF's that are just about done. 

More Photo's as progress is made

Cheers Justin Moy 

No comments:

Post a Comment