Saturday 8 June 2013

Not much to report

Hi Guy's,

I have been real busy of late with family life, so model work has been real slow. I have had to return to work which real sucks and working as a Labourer really does take it's toll on me. But in order to stay living here on the beautiful north coast I guess you have to take what you can get. The cost of living at the moment is just insane. We are battling a bit and my modelling is suffering due to that. Sometimes it is hard just to find the money just  to top up on paint and detailing parts to finish little jobs. ATM am trying to scratch enough money together this weekend to get to the Epping Show in Sydney but the frustrating part about this is that even if I get there, I won't be able to buy anything which really sucks! Enough of my gripes. Into some modelling.

One of my favourite weathering jobs which I did about 5 years ago was for my mate Greg Riddel. I have weathered up also his Trainorama 44 class loco's over the last 10 years or so but 4432 was my best effort. I borrowed it back off him the other day so I could take a couple of High Key photo's of it. When I originally weathered it I wasn't the best at High Key Photography so I thought to get some good shot of 4432 now.

Here is a shot of it in Action shot on Greg Riddels Beyond Bulliac Module as it sits in the loop on 6382 empty steel as 8002 passes on a down freighter.
 
 
A few other projects that I have been working on.
 
I added some detail and lightly weathered some Austrains QRN CLP's and X class loco's. One this CLP I added sanding boxes to the Bogies, I covered in the grills over the Hep Units and also the covered the original sanding hatches. On the X class units I added ditch lights, GPS and A/C details.
 
 
 
 
 
 
This is an Auscision N class that I have been modifying the paint on to the original Cheeseburger colour scheme.
 
 
On the Subject of Auscision, they send me a pack of the new N cars to have a play with. I would say these are on the water so they should be available soon. Here is a couple of quick shots before I attack them with some weathering.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Anyway that is all I have to report atm.
 
Cheers Justin Moy
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Can I act dumb and ask what High Key Photography is?

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paul, It pretty much means having the white back ground, or high contrast background. It should be more along the lines of a background using a light box as background light. but what I am doing with my backgrounds is a similar effect. That is what I understand it to be anyway. Cheers Justin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Justin

    Could you please share how you matched the yellow paint for the CLPs. I too would like to correct the grills and also correct the stripes on the front pilot.

    Thanks

    Drew

    ReplyDelete