Thursday 9 February 2012

On Track Models VLEX

Hi Guy's

Just thought to put some shots up of the new OTM's VLEX. It is a nice model and I look forward to weathering some up. I borrowed one of Dave's VR VLEX's for these shots. I think I have missed the boat with this one. All the versions I was after are sold out and it maybe a couple of weeks till I can get the funds raised to put an order in. I will never pre-order a model after having money down on a 48 class for the last 4 years so if I miss out, I miss out! Anyway here is some shot's,
These next photo's show it against the VLEX Kit bash I did some time ago

I can't really fault the model in any way. It shares it's bogies and couplers with Auscision. Whether that is joint development or not it makes sense. There is no need to replace steps or any other detailing parts so a good weathering is all that is needed. The only thing I may look at if I manage to get any would be to use shorter shank couplers or move the coupler box in a little. They just look to sit a little too far apart when I compare them too the NLKY's or the VLCX's that I have. It is just me being a bit podentic. It is nothing like the old Lima Days.

Anyway Cheers 

Justin Moy  




No comments:

Post a Comment