Sunday 28 August 2011

What's wrong with the Header Photo

Hi Guy's

I thought someone would of got it by now? Ahh well if you look closely at the photo, the problem lies with the second Loco. This loco which is 4910 has the wrong fuel tank fitted. When Trainorama first released the 49's to the paying public, the first batch of the type 1/ mark 1/ Low Valance or what ever 49 class loco's all had the fuel tanks from the later series High Valance 49 class fitted. The fuel tanks are quite different is looks.

This is a low Valance 49 class fuel tank


This is a high Valance 49 class fuel tank

Thanks for the guy's that made comment's on what the problem may of been. This was the answer I was after. I wonder how many of you maybe getting out their Trainorama 49's right now to have a look at the statis of their fuel tank. I remember that when it all come to light about the fuel tank being wrong Trainorama did ofter exchange fuel tanks to solve the problem which is a credit to them. All later runs were meant to have the correct tanks on them. In the end it didn't concern me greatly as I don't have any 49's. The ones in the photo are one's that I weathered up for others. 

Cheers Justin Moy 

No comments:

Post a Comment