Thursday 17 August 2023

It has been a while

Just had a look at my Blog and realized it has been over a year since I have made a post. Life has been busy of late. I have been doing a bit of Modeling. Some of you may notice that I have been contributing to the Australian Model Railway Magazine over the last year or so. I have made a few changes to my mind set on Modeling of late. I have taken off into the world of DDC with a NCE System for my layout. With this I have had to have a good look at my Motive Power and where to go with it into the future.

I have had to make a choice on what Decoders to go with. At this point I have made the decision to go with ESU Loksound Decoders as this is the way Auscision and SDS have gone with their DCC fitted locomotives. I have made the decision to off load loco's that would need lots of work to convert. Also narrowing down may modeling era to the first half of 1988 has helped to make decisions on what stays and goes.  

All my early Trainorama 44's are going. I am only keeping two that have the new run chassis fitted with the 21 pin PCB board. I have recently built up 4470 that was featured in the AMRM. I am keeping this one but fitting that body to a newer chassis. The other 44 will be 4419 in Candy. I have found that the 44 class Loksound Decoder available through Auscision works quite well on this Chassis after some changes to the Lighting and speakers. All other 44's will be Auscision into the future unless I can pick up any more of the latest run Trainorama 44's.

I have two Auscision 80 class loco's 8010 and 8026. These were DC only but since Auscision have made their Programed Decoders available, they have been fitted and sound great. I have one Auscision 45 that has been DCC friendly from the start as it is a dummy. My other two powered 45's will one day have Auscision 600 class decoders fitted. I will probably need to sort out the lighting but will see when I get to that point.

The other Mainline Power that I am concerned with is Jumbo's. All my Austrains 442's are going. As a model they just don't cut it anymore. It is unfortunately that for me the Auscision 442 class Model doesn't cut it as well. It has nice detail as such, but the body width is too narrow and roof profile is just wrong. I only have one Auscision Jumbo that I picked up from their Bargin Bin. One day I might take to it with a saw, but I will probably wait for the day that someone brings out a better one that will look right running together with my 80 class. 

Other than 44/442/45/80 class loco's, I have two Trainorama 48's and one 49 class that I will convert over. I Also have Auscision 42201 in Reverse and SDS 8171 in Candy that I bought with DCC sound. They both run and sound great. I also have Auscision 4402 with Sound. I will talk more about it later.

I hope to add some more Blog's soon. I have a lot to talk about. I will be starting the scenery on my layout soon. I want to talk about some recent model releases. Most notable there is the Auscision Mark 1 44's and the OTM's LX/ALGX Vans. 

Anyway some photos

This is my train running on the Epping Model Rail Club's Layout 
Binalong at the Big Train Show, Rosehill 2022

One of the Trains running on Binalong on the same day.

Having a run-on Greg Riddel's Layout earlier this year


Trainorama 4470 as featured in the Australian Model Railway Magazine




A few shots of my Auscision 4402 fresh out of the box





Another nice model release was these from SDS Models
MHO/KP Vans



Very Nice


A couple on Wingham to finish. Please note the shots are improving with newer latest Generation Camera Equipment and lighting provided by studio LED lights. The first shot is with my iPhone and the others with my DSLR.







Cheers Justin Moy











1 comment: