Saturday 16 June 2018

SDS WOAX

Hi Guy's

Got my hands on one of these the other day and I must say I am impressed.

Usually when I get a new ready to run wagon, first thing I do is change the bogies over to that from AR Kits or SEM's. The bogies that SDS are producing are excellent and match in with my kit bogies really well. I find that many of the RTR bogies are two thick and the wheel journals stick out to far. This to me stands out among a rack of wagons esp. when you look down on them at 45 degrees. As I am in the process of changing everything over to P88 wheels, the wheels on this are not an issue.

They come with KD58's as well so I don't need to change them out either. Pretty much all there is to do is weather.
The detail with the doors and ends is excellent

I throw a couple of washes over just to show up some detail
A per production shot showing parts that can be interchanged during manufacture



There is a bit of an issue with different coloured yellows between Manufacturers but weathering will mask this. I don't know who maybe right or wrong, I don't really care. They all faded and weathered over time. This would only be of note if you were running them straight out of the box.

Cheers Justin Moy


No comments:

Post a Comment